In the name of God The Merciful, The Passionate
The Program and the Internal Rules of
(The Kurdistan Islamic Union), approved by the Party Convention
Kurdistan Islamic Union (KIU) is a patriotic Kurdistan party, with an Islamic reference, struggling to fix the values of freedom and social justice, on the bases of citizenship and the massive humanitarian brotherhood, in order to create the appropriate joint action for an independent Kurdistan, free, and prosperous. And on the base of the connection and link among the concepts of: (Islam, Humanity, Motherland, the Nation), (Kurdistan Islamic Union), appoints the intellectual, and strategic components, objectives, and its program for the preparation, and regulatory controls.
Kurdistan Islamic Union sees the issue of development in the areas of dawa(calling), education and preparation, as well as the development of the political project, starting from the right of self-determination of the people of Kurdistan, and even the independent state, as a strategic duty in its’ struggle. At the same time, it sees (democracy) is a tool to develop humanitarian experience on the establishment of a national entity developed institutionally, free from partisan interference, to maintain the security of the citizen, in order this entity, in the end, lead to preserve the gains of our people, and gain their rights, and sustain the struggle to achieve its objectives.
(Kurdistan Islamic Union) Sees that (Citizenship), the (institutional), and (the rule of law), as three of the key bases for the stability of the regime, for all to do their natural roles in the service of the land and people of the Kurdistan region, without distinction among religion and ethnicity, and political trend, and prepare the ground for application of justice in the country.. From here, (Kurdistan Islamic Union) finds that political reform is based on the education of the individual and social reform.
In the view of the Kurdistan Islamic Union men and women are equivalent, complement each other, and distribution of roles and duties is on the basis of readiness, the legal terms conditions and efficiency, without any form of discrimination on the basis of sex. This program and the bylaw is the constitution of our work, and the covenant between us for understanding and cooperation, and we want it to be the mirror of our thinking our fantasies and the reality of our work to the public. This preamble is an essential part of the program and bylaw of the party, and members should abide to it..
Article 1: Name and Definition:
1- Name: Kurdistan Islamic Union (KIU).
2. Definition: (The Kurdistan Islamic Union) is a national reform party, with an Islamic reference, striving to build a developed society and establish a just authority.
Article 2: Location: Kurdistan - Iraq
Article 3: Symbol, flag and slogan:-
1- Symbol: Two shaking hands inside a crescent.
2 - Flag: Brown color.
3. The slogan: freedom, fraternity, justice.
Article 4: General Principles:-
1- The principles of Islam are an inspiration for the work of Kurdistan Islamic Union and its struggle.
2. In its various fields of work, Kurdistan Islamic Union (KIU) is inspired by the constant human values, experiences and general human achievements.
3. The people are the source of authority. Political pluralism, the peaceful transfer of power through elections, the consolidation of the foundations of democracy, the patriotism of the government, and dealing with the masses on the basis of citizenship rights without discrimination, constitute the foundations of social peace and political stability.
4 – The fair mature governing, is an Islamic purpose, a general demand, and a life necessity, in order to obtain the legal, political, economic and social rights of citizens.
5 - Strengthening the reform role of the mosque, and the preservation of the status of scholars of Islam, and the maintenance of their rights and their leading role within society, is a key requirement to preserve the authenticity of our societies.
6. Maintaining human dignity, freedom and rights, without discrimination or differentiation, and fixing it in the Constitution is one of our fundamental duties. We regard international declarations and treaties in human rights as a human gain, in condition of they do not conflict with the principles of Islam.
7. Rejection of all forms of genocide, terrorism, extremism and extremism in thought and practice.
8. The Kurdish people is are an independent nation and have their own identity, which is part of the Islamic Ummah. It has the right to self-determination and to be an independent member of the international community and its institutions.
9 - The people of Kurdistan is one family - without distinction or differentiation between them -, and (Kurdistan) is the homeland of all, the land of co-existence of all nationalities and religions and doctrines, and their income and natural wealth are common property among them all.
10 - radical reform in the fields of politics, administration and economy, activating the role of the judiciary, maintaining the independence of the courts, the rule of law, transparency are guarantees of progress and welfare, and the fight against corruption.
11. Effective participation of women in political action and social reform, and the consolidation of their complementary role in all spheres of life, ensuring the development and progress of any society.
12 - Provide the appropriate ground to blow up the energies and development of students and youth, and activate their talents and abilities are the basis for achieving a bright future for nations and peoples.
13- Our Islamic history and the heritage of our people , are specific human experiences in their time and place, and benefit from them in relation to their compatibility and responsiveness to the requirements of the times and developments, according to the purposed understanding of Islam.
14. Substantive, scientific dialogue ensures the radical treatment of intellectual, political and ideological issues.
15. Balancing educational work, building the individual, the family and the community, and striving for justice are ensuring the integrity of the reform process of KIU in political and social spheres.
16- Kurdistan Islamic Union rejects the domination and fanaticism of the party, the sectarian and the national, and fights to remove the remnants of dictatorship and its legacy. It also contributes to activating and spreading the culture of democracy and human rights and peaceful coexistence among the components of society.
Article 5: Objectives:-
We strive to achieve the following objectives:
1 - Reviving Islamic values in the life of the individual and the family, and develop the spirit of charity and love of good and middle thought among the members of society.
2 - Striving for constitutionalize of the political life and the system of parliamentary rule in the Kurdistan Region, and the embodiment of decentralization administration.
3 - Preserving the gains and constitutional rights, guaranteeing the rights of all the people of Kurdistan, and obtaining the support of the international community, the Muslim peoples in the region and the various centers, in order to achieve independence, as a natural right for every nation.
4 - Participation in the return of Kurdish areas outside the region, and fixing them, and draw the borders of the Kurdistan Region.
5. Establishing a balanced relationship between the people of Kurdistan and the neighboring peoples of the region in order to achieve peace and political stability and to create a new form of coexistence on the basis of mutual respect and common interests.
6 – Espousal of the national cause of the Kurdish people in other parts of Kurdistan, in order to achieve their legitimate demands, and solve their cause through peaceful and democratic methods.
7- Supporting the political, civil, national and religious rights of Turkmen, Chaldean, Assyrian, Arab, Yezidian and Kakayan peoples and all other religious, sectarian and national components of the people of Kurdistan.
8. Making the institutions of government national institutions, end of party control over them, regulate the relationship between the opposition and the authority, and provide conditions for the effective participation of all components of the region in all political, economic and social fields without distinction or differentiation.
9. Activate the oversight role of the Parliament, the Public Prosecution, the Financial Control Bureau and the Integrity Commission for comprehensive radical reform and eradicating the phenomenon of corruption.
10 - Achieving political and social justice in the distribution of power and wealth, and ensure transparency in oil and gas issues, and all other imports in the Kurdistan Region.
11- Appreciating the role of the Peshmerga in maintaining Kurdistan and working to make the Peshmerga a national institution and providing decent services to the families of martyrs, Anfal and chemical victims.
12 - The education and preparation of the individual and happy family, and the establishment of a developed society.
13- Supporting and encouraging the media and the civil press, supporting civil society institutions, activating their role and contributing to the drafting of laws, monitoring the organs and institutions, and deepening the spirit of democracy, pluralism and tolerance in society.
14 - Defending the rights of the poor and the vulnerable, and the people with special needs, in society to secure a decent life for them.
15 - Achieving social reform, to erase the abnormal habits, and manifestations of evil, and the fighting against anti-national racism.
16. Supporting and backing for more political, social, economic and educational participation of women, to end the social injustice of their rights and to seek to change the conditions that are contrary to their legitimate rights.
17. Stressing family values, rejecting family violence, and protecting the rights of children.
18 - Drawing up a clear national and economic policy, strengthening the economic infrastructure, encouraging investment, diversifying sources of income, developing the agricultural, animal, industrial, tourist and other sectors, maintaining local products, removing obstacles to the private sector and protecting the rights of workers, , And paying attention to villages and rural areas.
19 - Educational reform in the educational institutions of the region, and improve the scientific level of all stages of education, including higher education and scientific research, and raise the educational level of students, and appreciation of the profession of the teachers highly.
20. Strengthen the national belonging of young people, involve them in the political fields, protect them against deviation and narcotics, formulate a national policy to meet their needs and aspirations, develop their capacities and eliminate all causes that lead to the migration of young people and citizens.
21. Developing sports, support athletes, and meet their needs and requirements.
22 - Support and backing the movement of renewal Islamic thought, and its consideration, and activate the dialogue between intellectual and political trends in Kurdistan, and with writers and intellectuals, and the development of literature and art, and interest in scientific research.
23 - Reform in the health system of the province, and the preservation of the environment of Kurdistan, and the protection of water resources.
24 - Support the role of scholars and clerics, and appreciate the role of the mosque in the protection of society and community peace, and attention to Islamic values.
25 – Paying attention for the Kurdish community in the diaspora, protecting their original heritage, strengthen their national belonging, and work to benefit from their potential for the legitimate cause of our people.
26- Supporting civil, professional and public organizations, and developing professional capabilities and benefiting them in the service of society.
Section Two: (The Internal Rules)
Article 6: Party Regulations in the Kurdistan Islamic Union:-
1 - This system is the Constitution of the work and activities and relations between all institutions and organs and organizations of the (Kurdistan Islamic Union), and commitment to it is a duty of all members, at all levels and stages.
2 - Ensure the participation of sisters in all joints and institutions of the party, provided that their participation rate is not less than 25%.
3 - Obtaining the benefits of the position shall be on the basis of competence and profession, for party positions, depending on the number of members of the organization, and government positions by the number of votes.
4. Maintaining the balance between central decision-making, general guidance of the party, and decentralized implementation and management of works and activities.
5. The party's senior institutions operate through specialized advisory groups, including academics and experts.
Article 7: Conference:-
First: It is the highest authority in the party, the duration of its regular session (4) four years.
Second: Consists of:
1. Founding members.
2. The Secretary-General.
3. Members of the Leadership Council.
4. Members of the Supreme Follow-up Commission.
5. Elected members of constituencies, whose numbers and locations are determined by the Leadership Council.
Third: The duty and powers of the conference:
1 - Adoption of the program and the bylaw, and the strategy of the party for the next four years.
2. Election of the Secretary-General, by votes of two thirds of the number of votes. In the event that no candidate obtains this percentage, the elections will be returned for the second time between the candidates who won first place and second in terms of the number of votes, and in the second stage wins the candidate who gets the largest percentage of votes.
3. Election of members of the leadership, by a simple majority of the voters.
4 - Election of the members of the Supreme Follow-up Committee, by a simple majority of the voters.
5. Dissolution of the party, or union with another party, by two thirds of the votes of the members of the Conference.
6. Its’ decisions shall be by an absolute majority of 50 + 1% of the voters, except paragraphs (3, 4, 5).
7. Read the party's general report and assess the performance of the party and its institutions.
Article 8: The Secretary General:-
First: Definition: He is the party's first official. He is an official of the Executive Council, as well as the General Council.
1. To have completed the membership of the Political Bureau or the Executive Council for at least one session.
2. The right to hold office of the Secretary-General shall be for two consecutive terms only.
3 - Not less than (40) years old.
4. In the event of the vacancy of the office of the Secretary-General, the Chairman of the Leadership Council shall conduct his post for a period not exceeding 60 days. During that period, the members of the Conference shall meet for the election of a Secretary-General, in accordance with the conditions and contexts.
Third: The duties of the Secretary General, and his powers:
1 - Representation of the party, and authorization in its’ name, within the framework of the general policies of the party.
2. Requests the convening of the extraordinary sessions of the three councils: executive, leadership and public.
3 - General supervision of the management of the work of the two chambers: the Executive Council and the General Council.
4. Signing applications for membership.
5. Signing the final decision to dismiss in the party.
6 - Meets monthly with the Executive Council, and oversees the meetings of the General Council annually.
7. Has the right to attend meetings of any institution, at all levels, except for the monitoring body.
8 - Approval of party expenses, according to the budget determined by the leadership council.
9. In the absence of the Secretary-General, the President of the Council shall be assigned the authority to carry out his functions.
10 – Follows up all officials and institutions, within the organizational structure of the party, and hold them, except for the Supreme Follow-up Committee.
Article 9: Leadership Council:-
• The highest authority in the party between the two conferences, to draw plans and determine the general policies of the party.
(35) Members, and four reserve members, elected by the Conference according to the proportion of each governorate, and on the basis of the number of members, taking into account the percentage of the quota for women.
Third: Membership Conditions:
1. Not less than 25 years of age.
2. The period of membership of the party shall not be less than 7 years.
To have a political vision, an Islamic culture, and a practical experience and leadership ability.
Fourth: The duties of the leadership council, and its powers:
1. Elect the President of the Council by an absolute majority (50 + 1) of the number of members, in the first meeting of the Leadership Council, within one week.
2 - Election of a secretary, by an absolute majority of voters, at the first meeting of the leadership council, within one week.
3. Election of 12 members of the Executive Board. Elections are held sporadically, each time for a position.
4 - Election of officials of the organs, central institutions of the party, and officials of the centers.
5- Its sessions shall be attended by two-thirds of its members.
6. His decisions shall be issued by an absolute majority (50 + 1) of the number of attendance, except for the articles to which a specific percentage has been established.
7. Establish temporary committees, as necessary.
8. Formation of the Standing Planning and Evaluation Committee, provided that the number of its members does not exceed (5), to draw up the general plans and achieve the strategies, bylaw and objectives approved by the conference.
9. Issue a decision to participate or not to participate in the government cab, or switch to the opposition, after consultation with the councils of regions, and (Nawand), and centers, by two thirds of the votes of voters.
10. Ratification of candidates for parliamentary membership, ministerial posts and special higher grades of governorate councils, based on the number of votes.
11. Issue the resolution on important national political positions and sensitive issues by 2/3 of the members' votes.
12 - Ratification of political alliances with political parties and forces with 2/3 of the votes of members.
13. Ratify the party's annual budget.
14. Call for an extraordinary meeting of the members of the Conference, at its current session, with 2/3 of the votes of the members of the Leadership Council.
15. Suspension of the membership of the leadership, with 2/3 of the members' votes.
16. Approve the opening, attachment or suspension of the centers, or any general composition, by 2/3 of the votes of the members.
17. Accountability of the Secretary-General and the party's leading officials, with 2/3 of the votes of the members, according to a list approved by the leadership at a later date.
18 - The right to submit or delay at the time of the General Conference of the party, by 2/3 of the votes of its members, but not exceed one year.
19. Approves the lists of the general formations of the party, with 2/3 of the votes of the voters.
20. Ratify the list of the names of the Supreme Advisory Council, in accordance with a list determined by 50 + 1 of the votes of the voters, proposed by the Executive Council by a simple majority of the votes of its members.
21-Its regular meetings are quarterly. Or, in other cases, at the request of the Secretary-General, the Executive Council or the proposal of the Chairman of the Leadership Council, with at least 5 members or at the suggestion of 10 members.
22. Ratification of the resignation of the Secretary-General, members of the leadership, members of the General Council and the Supreme Follow-up Commission, with 2/3 of the votes of its members.
23. Re-election of the Speaker of the Council, his Secretary, the Executive Council, the central institutions of the Party and the officials of the centers, two years after the Conference, and after the second ordinary meeting of the General Council.
24. Involvement of parliamentarians and ministers in their meetings, as necessary by the Leadership Council.
25. To form a joint committee of members of the leadership and the Higher Follow-up Commission to explain and interpret any article of the bylaw and program that have differing or differing views.
26. Ratify party spending regulations.
27. Decides, as appropriate, to establish a variety of centers, such as: the Center for Strategic Political Research, the Center for Studies and Opinion Polls, the Center for the Development of Islamic Thought, the Center for the Preparation of Cadres and other bodies.
28. Involves officials of the centers in their meetings.
29. Prepare the draft program and bylaw of the Party and submit them to the General Conference in consultation with the concerned bodies.
Article 10: - The duties of the Chairman of the Leadership Council, and its powers:-
Is responsible for the highest authority to plan and formulate the general policies of the party, in the period between two conferences. One member of the Council shall be elected by an absolute majority within one week after the election of the members of the Council by the Conference.
Second: His duties and powers:
1. Preparation of the agenda of the Council, in consultation with the Executive Office.
2. Inform members to participate in meetings, directly or through the Secretary.
3. He shall preside over the meetings of the Council and shall sign the minutes of meetings and decisions.
4 - Supervises the Interim committees of the Council, until the appointment of an official.
5 - Accountability of the various party formations, on the implementation of the decisions and recommendations of the Council.
6. Participates in meetings of the Executive Board.
7. In the event of the vacancy of the office of the Secretary-General, the President of the Council shall lead its work, within a period not exceeding 60 days, during which members of the Conference shall meet at the same session for the election of a new Secretary-General,
Article 11: The General Council:-
General Council, overseen by the Secretary-General, whose task is to assess the annual performance of all areas of the Party. Meetings shall be held exceptionally in cases of necessity, at the request of the Secretary-General or the leadership.
This Council consists of:
1 - Secretary General + members of the leadership council + members of the Supreme Follow-up + members of the Supreme Advisory Council + officials of the formations and central institutions, according to the rules of procedure + officials of the centers + members of the parliamentary blocs, and ministers, at that session + heads of blocks of provincial councils + founders + ambassadors + Officials of higher councils of professional bodies + representatives of the party in countries + heads of bodies.
2. The Council of Leadership considers the necessity of any participant, by an absolute majority of the votes of the voters, provided that they do not exceed 10% of the members of the General Council.
Third: Duties and powers:
1- Follow up the work of the party and its general activities and its political positions during the past year and evaluate them in order to maintain balances.
2. Directing the necessary recommendations to the Leadership Council for the coming period in the fields of political, dawa and internal activities of all party formations.
Article 12: Higher Follow-up Commission:-
A high level formation for achieving justice, follow-up of party activities and works, and internal affairs. The rights of members of this body and members of the leadership council are identical.
1. It shall consist of nine members and two reserves, to be elected by the Conference.
2. The Chairman of the Commission shall be elected by a majority vote of its members.
3 - The administrative body, appointed from among its members, consisting of 3 persons, to carry out the work of the day.
Third: Conditions of membership of the Commission:
1- Not less than 40 years old.
2 - The period of joining the Party shall not be less than (9) years.
3 - He has passed the membership of the Leadership Council for at least one session, or has experience in one of the areas of work of the Commission.
Fourth: The duties of the Supreme Follow-up Commission and its powers:
1- Overseeing the Supreme Formations of the Party, and follows up: (the Secretary General, the Executive Council and the Leadership Council), in terms of adherence to the program and internal rules, and addressing their internal problems, taking into account maintaining the balance between duties and rights, according to the party's program and internal rules.
2. Defends the rights of members, at all levels, according to the program and the internal rules. And its decisions in the judiciary are (binding). Its decisions shall be taken by 2/3 of the votes of the members.
3 - Oversees the internal elections, in terms of legal legitimacy and adherence to the regulations.
4. Acting the role of the general Prosecutor in the internal affairs of the Party.
5. Decisions are decisive in the event of differences in views between the party's senior formations on the internal system.
6. Its regular meetings are monthly.
Article 13: Executive Council:-
The Executive Council has the highest executive authority to implement the decisions of the Council of Leadership, the recommendations of the General Council, and the implementation of the general plan of the party in the councils of (the Dawa, the Interior, and the Political Affairs), and all other fields, in which shall be decided by the leadership council through the majority of its’ votes in accordance to the profession of each council. And it is accountable in front of the party's leadership council.
Second: Composition: consists of:
- Secretary-General, who is responsible.
- Four working members, for the conduct of administrative affairs and files related to the area of work of this Council, elected by the Leadership Council by an absolute majority of the votes of its members.
- The official of the Council of dawa, elected by the Leadership Council by an absolute majority of the votes of its members.
- Head of the Internal Affairs Council, elected by the Leadership Council by an absolute majority of the votes of its members.
- The official of the Council of Political Affairs and the public , elected by the Leadership Council by an absolute majority of the votes of its members.
- The head of the leadership council and the head of the Higher Follow-up Committee participate in its meetings.
Third: Duties and powers of the Executive Council:
1. Implementation of the decisions of the Leadership Council.
2. Requesting extraordinary meetings of the Leadership Council.
3. Issuing statements and expressing the party's positions.
4. The positions of the Party shall be determined in its official meetings, by an absolute majority of the members, and the opinion of the Secretary-General - when the votes are equal - shall be decisive.
5. Nominating officials for any group or organization, in the case of appointing a person from outside the leadership, in consultation with the institution concerned.
6 - Approval by an absolute majority on the definition of expenditure and investment.
7. Appointment and change of the members of the management bodies of the councils, members of the institutions, formations and party organs, in consultation with the concerned formation or institution.
8. His decisions shall be by an absolute majority (50 + 1) of the votes of the voters.
9 - Hold regular meetings with all organs and formations.
10 - Its regular meetings monthly, and the extraordinary sessions will be at the request of the Secretary-General, as needed.
11. Prepare the annual budget of the party, to be presented to the leadership council.
12 - Oversees the media and art in the party.
13- Supervises the administration and finance of the party.
14 - Involves the officials of both institutions: (media and art), (management and finance) in its’ meetings, as needed.
15 - Nominates candidates for provincial councils, and endorses them.
16. Campaign management and supervision.
Article 14: The Council for Dawa Affairs:-
A council that manages the entire affairs of Dawah, Islamic clerics, scholars, sharia sciences, Islamic culture and social affairs.
Second: Composition: consists of: -
1. The Board Officer, who shall be a member of the Executive Council.
2- (1-3) working members.
3 - Foundation of advocacy and preachers and Islamic culture.
4- Social Affairs Institution.
5 - Foundation of scientists and forensic sciences.
6. Officials of the sub-centers (Nawand) associated with the Council.
Third: All its activities and activities shall be organized according to a certified list of the leadership council.
Article 15: The Council of Internal Affairs:-
Council manages all internal party affairs.
Second: Composition: Consists of: -
1. The Board Officer, a member of the Executive Council.
2- (1-3) working members.
3 - Foundation of education and preparation and general culture.
4. Foundation of Organization, Awareness and Statistics.
5- Organization of foreign abroad organizations.
6. Sisters Affairs Foundation.
7. Students and Youth Foundation.
8. Sports Foundation.
9. Officials of the (Nawand) / Sub-Centers) associated with the Council.
Third: All its activities and works shall be organized according to a certified list of the leadership council.
Article 16: The Council of Political and the public Affairs:-
The council manages all affairs and activities of elections, parliament, government, party political relations, professional and public organizations, university and graduate affairs.
Second: Composition: Consists of: -
1. The President of the Council and shall be a member of the Executive Council.
2- (1-3) working members.
3. Parliament and Government Affairs Foundation.
4 - Foundation elections.
5- The political relations of the party.
6 - Foundation of professional and public organizations.
7. University and Graduate Studies Institution.
8. (Nawand) officials associated with the Council.
Third: All its activities and works shall be organized according to a certified list of the leadership council.
Article 17: Foundation of media and art:-
First: definition: - Foundation manages all affairs of media and art in the party.
Second: consisting of:
1- Official of the Foundation, a member of the leadership.
2- Official, responsible of TV channels and local radios.
3- Working member for technical affairs.
4- Director of the Speda channel.
5- Director of the Kurdiu site.
6- Working member for any Central institution are formed later.
7- The supervision of this institution shall run by one of the members of the executive board.
Third: organize all its activities according to the list certified by the leadership Council.
Article 18: Enterprise of management and Finance:-
- Foundation that manages all of administration and finance of the party.
Second: consists of:
1- An official of the foundation.
2- (4) Working members, for the departments: (public money + general management + audit and control + investment).
3- Administrative units and finance.
Third: sources of the party finance: -
1- The government budget, according to the law of parties.
2- What is received from the contributions of the owners of grades, and members of the party organization.
3- Donations from benefactors.
4- Profits of the investment projects.
5- Any other unconditional assistance.
Fourth: organize all its activities according to the list certified by the leadership Council.
Article 19: advisory board:-
First: top advisory board, determines by a list of certified by the leadership Council, numbers, its’ components, duties and powers.
Second: Advisory board of the region, determines by a list of certified by the leadership Council, its’ numbers, its components, duties and powers.
Article 20: Sub centers (Nawand):-
First: definition: a party unit, formed at the level of the province of one or more. Its’ duty is the implementation of the plans and programs of the central councils and, in the limits of his powers.
Second: Consists of: -
1- In charge of the (nawand).
2- A staff of working members, determined by regulation, after the approval of the executive council.
Third: duties and powers sets by regulation certified by the leadership Council.
Article 21: The Centre:-
First: definition: the enterprise that supervises the party affairs, organizations, managing, within the geographical boundaries of a city or more.
Second: formation: consists of:
1- Official of the Center, is involved in the meetings of the leadership Council.
2- (8 - 11) working members, for running the departments of the Center.
3- Officials of the branches.
4- The board of the Center.
Third: sections of the Center leading its works through composition of committees.
Fourth: its normal meeting is every 15 days, and general meeting held every two months.
Fifth: organize all its works by regulation certified by the council of the internal affairs.
Article 22: Branch:-
Is a foundation for the management of the party, within its duties and activities.
Second: Consists of: -
1- Official of the branch...
2- (6 - 7) members for the sections.
3- Officials of the areas.
4- Council of the branch.
Third: sections of the branch lead its works across the composition of committees.
Fourth: its normal meeting is every 15 days, and general meeting is monthly.
Fifth: organize all its works by regulation certified by the council of the internal affairs.
Article 23: Area:-
First: the definition:
A formation manages the affairs of education and organization (families), within the areas.
Second: consisting of:
1- In charge of the area.
2- A working member of, for management of the areas that have no offices.
3- Two working member, for management of the areas that have no office.
4- Officials of the families, rings and groups.
Third: its’ normal meetings are all 15 day once.
Fourth: organize all its works by regulation certified by the council of the internal affairs.
Article 24: (family + rings+ groups):-
• Family: first regulatory unit of the party.
• Rings: its’ number, from the regulatory side, more than (family), that shall be for the members whom were in distant geographically, supervised them by a party cadres.
• Groups: they are members who have not listed among the organization yet. Organized of supporters and fans to do diverse activities, and to help and support the party. Overseen by one of the party cadres, and shall be activated in the areas of the dawa and social relations.
Second: meeting every 10 days.
Article 25: membership ranks: -
First rank / candidate member: are people who joined the lines of the party, and filled questionnaire membership.
Second rank / organized member: - someone has passed the stage of candidate successfully, is involved in the activities of the party.
Third rank / working member: - someone has passed the stage of the organized member successfully, and be qualified to take responsibility inside the party.
Article 26: Membership and its conditions: -
All citizens of Kurdistan region, Iraq, in the country and abroad, has right of join the party, without discrimination, in condition that:
1- At least the age to be 18 years old.
2- Accept the principles of the party, and objectives, and abide by them.
3- Not be a member of any other party or political organization.
4- Supported by two members of the party.
5- Offers a request for membership, and sign on it.
Article 27: the duties and rights of the member: -
First: the duties of the member:
1- To effort in the service of the people and home, and maintain the identity of Islamic and nationalism.
2- Work on the training of self-education, by the program for the party.
3- Work to achieve the goals and the political program of the party.
4- To maintain the secrets of the party.
5- Quest in order to increase the members of the party, and his supporters.
6- The implementation of his duties, and commitment to the decisions of the party guidance.
7- Pay subscription, and financially assist the party, according to his potential.
Second: the rights of the member:
1- Entitled to run for election, according to the rules of procedure of the party.
2- Has right to express opinion, proposal, and constructive criticism, to all the members and institutions of the party, inside the party organs.
3-Has the right of litigation, and self-defense.
4- Right to have a decent level of living, in case of a full time work in the party.
5- right of insurance by three-quarters of the financial privileges for members of the leadership Council, executive Council, the Secretary-general, and the Supreme follow-up members, in case of the absence of a source of appropriate income, or in the case of chronic disease, or death.
4- Suspension of membership.
Fourth: the loss of membership:
1- Withdrawal of the party, providing resignation in writing.
4- Joining other parties.
Article 28: solution to the party:-
1- Solution of the party, is the right of the conference, by two-thirds votes of the members.
2. In case of the solution of the party, move its’ transmitted and non-transmitted properties to a similar party, a charity society, determined by founding members, and members of the leadership Council in that session.
Strategy for the work of the Kurdistan Islamic Union, for the next four years:-
1- Developing the constitutional gains of the people of Kurdistan, and upgrading from the federal to self-determination, and seek to reach the independent state.
2- Developing the middle Islamic action, and the project of joint Islamic work, and activation of the areas of the dawa work, by civil, and public institutions.
3- Getting support from Islamic forces, for the benefit of the issue of Kurdistan people.
4- Institutionalization of the radical overall reform process, in Kurdistan region and Iraq.
5-Defending of the division of the wealth of Kurdistan, and fair distribution at all areas.
6- Achieving a developed society, through deepening the high values, and transmit the spirit of tolerance and co-existence.
7- Breeding and preparation of effective individuals, according to the general principles and objectives set out in the program and internal system of the Kurdistan Islamic Union.